World Intellectual Property Day 2020 awareness campaign - CASE STUDY COMPETITION
Time & Location
About the Event
GULZAR GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS, LUDHIANA WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DAY2020 AWARENESS CAMPAIGN CASE STUDY COMPETITION THEME: INNOVATE FOR AGREEN FUTURE WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DAY
26th April 2020 is annually observed as World Intellectual Property Day established by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in the year 2000 to create awareness about the impacts of patents, copyright, trademarks and designs and to educate about the roles of Intellectual Property (IP) rights that supports and encourages the innovation and creativity.
Guidelines for Case Studies/Profiles
Specific examples of how individual inventors, companies and other organizations are finding new innovative ways to tackle local environmental challenges – many of which are globally relevant – are a powerful reminder of our collective capacity to carve a pathway to a green future and the role that IP rights play in advancing that journey.
This year, IIC GGI Ludhiana is reaching out to its Member States and other stakeholders to invite them to share information about the remarkable people who are developing local solutions to global problems.
Selected case studies of any Object of Protection ,Any Organization Type , Any IP Right , Any Industry , Any focus , Any Country / Territorywill be posted on the campaign-related IIC GGI Ludhiana web pages / Social Media Platforms.
1. Area/Sector (e.g. agriculture, energy, transport, etc.)
2. Name of inventor(s)/entrepreneur(s) • General details of the invention:
1) Name of technology.
2) Description of the technology (i.e. what it does and how it works).
3) The problem the technology solves (if possible, include statistical and other
information about the global challenge the technology addresses ) .
3. Innovation and Intellectual Property (IP) rights Comment from the inventor/entrepreneur on:
1) What inspired the invention/innovation?
2) How the innovation is protected with IP rights.
3) Why innovation is crucial in creating a green future.
4) Why it is important for inventors to protect their work with IP rights.
5) The greatest challenges encountered in developing the invention/innovation.
6) How policymakers can support innovation for a green future and why it is important
to support innovators on this journey.
4. A call to action:
Ask the inventor(s)/entrepreneur(s) to make a call to action in support ofinnovation for a
green future; and the World Intellectual Property Day 2020 campaign.
Provide details of how the invention is being used and what impact it is having on the environment/people’s lives.
1) Illustrate the case study/profile with a selection of high resolution photos.
2) Do not forget to include Photo credit details (e.g. © [name of photographer/ company] or “Courtesy of [name of company], together with confirmation that IIC GGI may use the images for the purposes of promoting the World IP Day 2020 campaign.
3) Any other visuals elements (e.g. graphs, videos, infographics, posters, patent, drawings, diagrams) that may be available.
Post Idea submission process, the ideas will be evaluated by experts.
Evaluation criteria will include
❖ Novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format,
❖ Scale of impact
❖ User experience and potential for future work progression.
Registration Link /Event Details
• Last date of Submission: 7th/May/2020 @ email@example.com
• Date of Result Announcement : 10th/May/2020
Event Coordinator: Pratiyush Pathak , 8544245467 , Ashish Kumar Bhateja , 9417732687