World Telecommunication and Information Society Day-2020 Awareness Campaign
Time & Location
About the Event
We bring to you
Theme: How to Make Communication Easier and More Accessible
"INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CAN BE A BEACON OF HOPE, ALLOWING BILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE GLOBE TO CONNECT. DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC THESE CONNECTIONS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAT EVER.” -UN SECERETARY-GENERAL ANTONIO GUTERRES
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is celebrated every year on May 17. The purpose is to help raise awareness of the possibilities the Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can bring to societies and economies.
This year, IIC GGI Ludhiana is reaching out to its Member States and other stakeholders to invite them to make a PowerPoint Presentation on the ways of making the communication easier and more accessible for everyone.
The purpose is to help raise awareness of the possibilities that Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can bring to societies and economies.
Suggestive topics are given below: -
1. Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
2. Big Data for Big Impact
3. Enabling the positive use of Artificial Intelligence for all
4. Broadband for Sustainable development
5. ICT Entrepreneurship for social impact
• All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, Colleges/Universities are eligible to participate in the competition. (Co-authorship is allowed)
Presentation Submission Guidelines
• The no of slides should be between 7 to 10. (More slides would only be acceptable if it is necessary to convey the idea).
• Presentations hat will focus on the theme as well as the given topics will be given more preferences
• The Presentation should be made in such a way that it could mark an impact on the viewers mindset
• The Presentation should only be in PowerPoint format only .
• Submission of article at email@example.com before 24th/May/2020
• Presents the topic by laying out the overall structure of the presentation
• Begins with a question/story/quote that is thought provoking and related to the topic
• Logical sequencing, concise content and clarity of ideas
• Accurate information which includes newspaper articles, interviews, audio recordings etc.
• The text used in the slides is of appropriate size , which is readable by the Judges
• The text is of appropriate length and the colors of the background enhance the readability of the content
• The content is well spaced with emphasis on headings and sub- headings
• Pictures/graphs/other support material is clear
• Language used in the text of the slides is simple with no errors in grammar and spelling
List/use of resources
• References to resources are cited accurately
• Sound and graphics used enhance the comprehension of ideas and concepts
• Resources are well integrated into the presentation
· The top 5 entries shall receive the certificate of appreciation common for both Faculty /Students for Presentation making.
· A certificate of participation shall be issued to all the participants on the successful submission.
Registration Link /Event Details
• Last date of Submission: 24th/May/2020 @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• Date of Result Announcement: 25th/May/2020
Event Coordinator: Pratiyush Pathak, 8544245467, Ashish Kumar Bhateja, 9417732687