Sat, Jun 03|
World Bicycle Day-2023 Awareness Campaign
The United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution in April 2018 designating June 3rd as the official day to honour bicycles. It marks the beginning the history of World Bicycle Day. Point of View Competition We bring to you Theme: "Riding Together for a Sustainable Future."
Time & Location
Jun 03, 4:30 PM – Jun 12, 4:30 PM
About the Event
“Riding bicycles will not only benefit the individual but the world at large.”- By Emeritus Professor of Environmental Policy, Berlin
World Bicycle Day is on Wednesday, 3 June 2023. The United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution in April 2018 designating June 3rd as the official day to honour bicycles. It marks the beginning the history of World Bicycle Day.
- The bicycle is a simple, affordable, reliable, and environment-friendly means of transportation.
- The bicycle can serve as a tool for development and a source of access to education, health care, and sport.
- The usage of a bicycle gives the user an immediate awareness of the local environment.
- The bicycle is a symbol of sustainable transportation and fuel saving.
Point of View Competition We bring to you Theme: "Riding Together for a Sustainable Future."
This year, IIC GGI Ludhiana is reaching out to its Member States and other stakeholders to invite them to write your point of view about environment-friendly means of transportation, about the remarkable developing local solutions to global problems.
Suggestive topics are given below:- ( Any One of Topic )
Topic 1 : What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Electric Bicycle.
Topic 2 : How to encourage and attract more people to travel by bicycles in order to contribute to a low carbon, green and healthy city, and a pollution free earth.
Topic 3 : Road space turned into bicycle lanes in a couple of days instead of years
Topic 4 : How the bicycle can drive green development on planet Earth
Topic 5 : Top 5 Innovations for Smart Bicycles
Topic 6 : Effects of Bicycle Helmet Laws on Injury and Safety
Topic 7 : The Impact of Industry Structure Modularity: A Global Perspective the Impact of the Bike Industry
Topic 8 : Do You Believe That Individuals Should Pass a Test to Prove Their Cycling Proficiency Before Being Allowed to Use a Bicycle on Public Roads?
Topic 9 : Is Cycling the Most Effective Therapy for Knee Pain Caused by Degenerative Meniscus Tear?
· All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, Colleges/Universities are eligible to participate in the competition. (Co-authorship is allowed)
Point of View Submission Guidelines
· Submission in of any of format word/PPT/PDF is acceptable .
· Basic Details: Name, Email, Contact Number & College Name & Topic Name must be mentioned in submission article.
· We prefer your views be 300 to 600 words in length. Longer views will be accepted if the length is necessary to convey the ideas.
· Points of View that are well-written, interesting to our broad audience, relevant to one of our topic areas, and informative rather than promotional will be given first consideration.
· The Point of View should present information such that it leaves the reader satisfied at having learned something new.
· Submission of Point of View at email@example.com before 10th/June/2023.
Evaluation criteria will include
❖ Novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format,
❖ Scale of impact
❖ User experience and potential for future work progression.
The top 5 entries shall receive the certificate of appreciation common for both Faculty /Students
A certificate of participation shall be issued to all the participants on the successful submission.
Registration Link /Event Details : https://www.iicggi.com/events/world-bicycle-day-2023-awareness-campaign
• Last date of Submission: 10th/June/2023 @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• Date of Result Announcement : 12th/June/2023
Event Coordinator: ❖ Abhishek Shukla 9305641151 ❖ Ashish Kumar Bhateja 9417732687