World Bicycle Day-2020 Awareness Campaign
Time & Location
About the Event
“Riding bicycles will not only benefit the individual but the world at large.”- By Emeritus Professor of Environmental Policy, Berlin
World Bicycle Day is on Wednesday, 3 June 2020. The Third World Bicycle Day is being celebrated on this date.
- The bicycle is a simple, affordable, reliable, and environment-friendly means of transportation.
- The bicycle can serve as a tool for development and a source of access to education, health care, and sport.
- The usage of a bicycle gives the user an immediate awareness of the local environment.
- The bicycle is a symbol of sustainable transportation and fuel saving.
Point of View Competition We bring to you Theme: Stainable Means of Transportation
This year, IIC GGI Ludhiana is reaching out to its Member States and other stakeholders to invite them to write your point of view about environment-friendly means of transportation, about the remarkable developing local solutions to global problems.
Suggestive topics are given below:- ( Any One of Topic )
Topic 1 : How will 'Cycles' play a critical role in mobility in times of Social Distancing?
Topic 2 : How cycle manufacturers looking at creating opportunities out of this crisis?
Topic 3 : How to encourage and attract more people to travel by bicycles in order to contribute to a low carbon, green and healthy city, and a pollution free earth.
Topic 4 : Coronavirus brings opportunities and threats for bicycle industry
Topic 5 : Road space turned into bicycle lanes in a couple of days instead of years
Topic 6 : How the bicycle can drive green development on planet Earth
Topic 7 : Top 5 Innovations for Smart Bicycles
· All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, Colleges/Universities are eligible to participate in the competition. (Co-authorship is allowed)
Point of View Submission Guidelines
· Submission in of any of format word/PPT/PDF is acceptable .
· Basic Details: Name, Email, Contact Number & College Name & Topic Name must be mentioned in submission article.
· We prefer your views be 300 to 600 words in length. Longer views will be accepted if the length is necessary to convey the ideas.
· Points of View that are well-written, interesting to our broad audience, relevant to one of our topic areas, and informative rather than promotional will be given first consideration.
· The Point of View should present information such that it leaves the reader satisfied at having learned something new.
· Submission of Point of View at email@example.com before 10th/June/2020
Evaluation criteria will include
❖ Novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format,
❖ Scale of impact
❖ User experience and potential for future work progression.
The top 5 entries shall receive the certificate of appreciation common for both Faculty /Students
A certificate of participation shall be issued to all the participants on the successful submission.
Registration Link /Event Details
• Last date of Submission: 10th/June/2020 @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• Date of Result Announcement : 11th/June/2020
Event Coordinator: Pratiyush Pathak, 8544245467, Ashish Kumar Bhateja, 9417732687