Thu, Apr 08|
The Big Idea Innovation Challenge 2021
The IIC-National Innovation Contest 2021 aims at identifying creative minds, engaging them in building innovations, nurturing them through a series of mentoring sessions and bootcamps. Innovation Contest is a 360-degree approach to complete a cycle of Innovation and entrepreneurship.
Time & Location
Apr 08, 2021, 12:09 PM – May 30, 2021, 4:09 PM
About the Event
The Big Idea Innovation Challenge 2021
Theme : Nav Atmanirbhar Bharat Nirman - Building of the New India ( आत्मनिर्भर भारत निर्माण - बिल्डिंग ऑफ़ द न्यू इंडिया )
MHRDs Institution Innovation Council GGI - Gulzar Group of Institutes has been set up with the objective of providing education in engineering, management and other fields. Located near Khanna in Ludhiana District, AICTE approved Gulzar Group of Institutes (GGI) is affiliated to the Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. Situated on the edge of Industrial City of Ludhiana.
The IIC-National Innovation Contest 2021 aims at identifying creative minds, engaging them in building innovations, nurturing them through a series of mentoring sessions and bootcamps. Innovation Contest is a 360-degree approach to complete a cycle of Innovation and entrepreneurship through a process of problem identification, ideation and enterprise building in a time period of Half- One year.
The Big Innovation Challenge invites innovative Ideas from students of our Institution from various departments to
solve the problems related to following sectors –
1. Healthcare & Biomedical devices.
2. Agriculture & Rural Development.
3. Smart Vehicles/ Electric vehicle/ Electric vehicle motor and battery technology.
4. Food Processing.
5. Robotics and Drones.
6. Waste management.
7. Clean & Potable water.
8. Renewable and affordable Energy.
9. IoT-based technologies (e.g. Security & Surveillance systems etc.)
10. ICT, cyber-physical systems, Blockchain, Cognitive computing, Cloud computing, AI & ML.
11. Innovate to Fight Covid – 19
Related to the above themes explore real-life problems at ground level and come up with potential ideas for their solutions for Hospitals, Local Villages, Municipal Corporations, Power Stations, Agriculture and Allied Industries, Food Processing Plants, Logistics Industry Centers, Incubation Centers, Local Industries, Science & Research Centers, etc.
- Team Registration Open: March 25th, 2021 up to April 18th,2021
- Idea Submission Open: March 25th, 2021 up to April 18th,2021
- Round 1: Idea Pitching (Virtual): April 19th-20th, 2021
- Round 2: Proof of Concept: April 29th to 30th,2021
- Round 3: Prototype Showcase: May 19th-20th,2021
How do we submit our idea?
• The Team Leader must make Idea submission only.
• Submission dates should be strictly followed. No exceptions will be made.
• Submission is required to be done through email in the prescribed format. The format is available on https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jQ9d-6YS88C_wDlNWX4CcX3Hy-XZNjT8
• Submit your idea on firstname.lastname@example.org (Till: 18th April,2021)
• Entries [PPT] to be sent only in the prescribed format; to complete the application process. • otherwise they are bound to get rejected.
Email Subject Should be [Theme Name – Team Name]
IIC National Innovation Contest Benefits:
o IIC National Innovation Contest is a National level competition for students from IICs to help and guide them to convert their idea into startup.
o Contest inculcates entrepreneurial mindset among students through workshops on IPR, Design thinking, POC & Prototype development.
o MHRD’s Innovation Cell & AICTE will organize orientation and prototype mentoring sessions for students at regional level free of cost.
o Attendees of mentoring and orientation sessions will become IIC Innovation Ambassador of Students selected at regional level will get an opportunity to be part of two- Day National level bootcamp at AICTE HeadQuarter
o Students selected at National level will be eligible for incubation linkages and funding support (assessment based).
o Five best startup/ Prototypes will be awarded “MIC Innovation Award-2021” by MHRD’s Innovation Cell & AICTE at AICTE Head Quarter
o Students will also get an opportunity to be part of International Start-up Ecosystem Exposure visits For any query, write to us at email@example.com or in respective MIC GGI Ludhiana WhatsApp group.
Join Our Whatsapp group to Stay Updated: https://chat.whatsapp.com/CtoUFy8u9bf7Dnl1COs0m6
Additional Benefits for Participants
- Workshop on Prototype / Process Design & Development 22th April 2021
- Mentorship Session from Experts - 21st April 2021 up to 20th May 2021
- How to Plan startup & legal ethical steps - 23rd April 2021
- Session of Prototype Validation - 26th April 2021
- Workshop on Business Model Canvas & B-Plan Development 28th April 2021
- Session on Building on Innovation /Product fit for Market 30th April 2021
- Session on Incubation Opportunities - 03rd May 2021
- Activity on IPR 05th May 2021
Awards & Appreciation for Participants :
- First Team- Gold Medal,
- Second Team- Silver Medal,
- Third Team – Bronze Medal
- Certificate of Appreciation: TOP 7 Teams
- Certificate of Participation: All Teams
Nomination for Regional Level National Innovation Contest 2021 (Ministry of Education, Government of India) : TOP 4 Teams