Tue, Aug 01|
Mechanical Department , Khanna
Student Representative Membership Nomination - IIC6.0 Session 2023-2024
MHRD’s Institution’s Innovation Council-GGI Ludhiana Gulzar Group Of Institutions,Ludhiana (C-10318) The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all HEI's.
Time & Location
Aug 01, 2023, 10:00 AM GMT+5:30 – Jul 31, 2024, 10:00 AM GMT+5:30
Mechanical Department , Khanna, Grand Trunk Road Libra, Khanna, Punjab 141401, India
About the Event
MHRD’s Institution’s Innovation Council-GGI Ludhiana
Gulzar Group Of Institutions,Ludhiana (C-10318)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses.
Major Focus of Institution’s Innovation Council
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARRIA)
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
Functions of Institution’s Innovation Council
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campus
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by the institution's faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.
Roles of Student Representative -
Student coordinators will act as a medium of communication between IIC and institute students. He/ She will understand the concept, idea and method of participation in IIC activities and disseminate it to all the students. He/ She will act as a volunteer for IIC programs and will support respective faculty coordinators.
- Attend student coordinator network meetings
- Help staff to assign mentors to mentees
- Help with recruitment of peer mentors
- Organize events/activities for their scheme
- Handover information to the next coordinator once identified to enable scheme continuation
- Manage the registration of participants on arrival at the event
- Manage the invitation and registration process
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies & Visit new places and learn a new culture.