Tue, Aug 01|
Mechanical Department , Khanna
Faculty Member/Faculty Representatives/ Non teaching staff Membership Nomination - IIC6.0 Session 2023-2024
MHRD’s Institution’s Innovation Council-GGI Ludhiana Gulzar Group Of Institutions,Ludhiana (C-10318) The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all HEI's.
Time & Location
Aug 01, 2023, 9:00 AM – Jul 31, 2024, 7:50 AM
Mechanical Department , Khanna, Grand Trunk Road Libra, Khanna, Punjab 141401, India
About the Event
MHRD’s Institution’s Innovation Council-GGI Ludhiana
Gulzar Group Of Institutions,Ludhiana (C-10318)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses.
Major Focus of Institution’s Innovation Council
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARRIA)
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
Functions of Institution’s Innovation Council
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campus
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by the institution's faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.
Roles of Faculty Member/Faculty representatives/ Non teaching staff: -
Following members will work in close coordination with the President and Convener to develop a comprehensive ecosystem of innovation and synergy in efforts to boost entrepreneurship. They will work as per the responsibilities assigned in council meetings.
1. Innovation activity coordinator -
Will work to promote innovation related activities on campus or as mandated in IIC council meetings.
2. Start-up activity coordinator -
Will work to boost startup generation among students and related activities or as mandated in IIC council meetings.
3. Internship coordinator -
Will work to arrange student internships in startups, so as to expose them to the startup ecosystem in India, real-life challenges in startup and their success stories or as mandated in IIC council meetings.
4. IPR activity coordinator -
To promote awareness about IPRs and conduct related activities on campus or as mandated in IIC council meetings.
5. Social Media Coordinator -
Will create and manage IIC page/account on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and other relevant social media platforms. He / She will be responsible for posting all the relevant information about council meeting resolution and action plan, IIC activities and follow/tag MIC/IIC page and posts on these platforms. He/ She will also ensure that all students follow the MIC/IIC page/account on social media to get first-hand information.
Accounts to follow: Like/Follow, share, subscribe and promote MIC accounts-
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhrdInnovation
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mhrd_innovation
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/mhrdinnovationcell
6. ARIIA Coordinator(Optional) - Coordinate for ARIIA related activities.
7. NIRF coordinator (Optional)- Coordinate for NIRF related activities.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies & Visit new places and learn a new culture.