Fri, Oct 25|
First Floor, Block – C, Chandrasekhar Bl
Best Out of Waste Competition
Celebrating 25th October as Green Diwali 2019: Best Out of Waste Competition With the growing increase in wastes in our society from households to industrial wastes, we now require a very innovative approach to get rid of them. Recycling and reusing the valuable waste material can result i
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2019, 11:00 AM GMT+5:30 – Oct 26, 2019, 1:00 PM GMT+5:30
First Floor, Block – C, Chandrasekhar Bl, Gulzar Group of Institutes, Khanna, Punjab, India
About the Event
Department of Computer Application, ECE, EEE, Automation & Robotics
Celebrating 25th October as Green Diwali 2019: Best Out of Waste Competition
With the growing increase in wastes in our society from households to industrial wastes, we now require a very innovative approach to get rid of them. Recycling and reusing the valuable waste material can result in development of fantastic and usable products. Rather than putting these waste materials into the landfills, various innovative and creative ideas can be put together to being something new and useful. Everyday Wastes such as plastic, glasses, newspapers or electronic are not only waste of limited resources but also are harmful to the environment. This event is to bring such ideas to students and to help them think themselves on such ways of reusing everyday materials that will not only reduce the waste but provide them with useful household products. The idea will not only be of economic and material value for students, but will be helpful in creating environmental consciousness among them that is the need of the hour .
“Regard Before You Discard”
Date: 25th/October/2019, Friday
Time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Venue: First Floor, Block – C, Chandrasekhar Block ,GGI Ludhiana
Prove that the 3R’s – reuse, reduce and recycle are the best strategies to make the most out of waste materials
Eligibility: B.Tech, Management, Professional Courses Students
Basic Rules & Evaluation Criteria:
· Team shall consist of two members only.
· Participants will be given 1 hour and 30 min. to show their creativity and 2 minutes to talk about the same.
· The required waste material and stationery like scissor, thread, etc. MUST be brought by the participants.
· Waste material could be anything like tetra packs, bottles, newspapers, old utensils, jute material or any second hand items that otherwise would be thrown away.
· The material would be rejected if not found to be a waste product or second hand item.
· No ready or semi-finished model or matter would be accepted from participant in competition.
· No mobile or Internet means would be allowed to use at the time of Competition.
· Participants will be judged on Creativity, Utilization of Resources, Artistic composition & design, Eco-friendly rating, Utility of the Product and Overall Presentation
· Ashna Sethi 9872014078
· Ashish Bhateja 9888188437